This is Volume 15 of the Self Improvement and Law of Attraction Link Love series.
New News This Week
In addition to all of the links to great self improvement and Law of Attraction content, be sure to catch LOADS of additional greatness below, including:
- Muchos Gracias to several bloggers who have taken the Simply Successful Secrets Roundup to the next level (including more link love for the participants)
- My advice in GREAT company with some people more wise than I in Drew McLellan's free eBook on helping college grads to succeed in today's workplace.
- Lots of Link Love from other bloggers pointing to recent Today is that Day content
- Even more great blog carnivals than usual that have featured Today is that Day posts
1) The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin shares the very real fact that even if we don't want to do something, by simply being in control of whether or not we have to do it, the negativity surrounding it can be lessened or even disappear completely. Check out Another important element of happiness: having a sense of CONTROL over your life.
2) CoachChar – Are you happy? Hold on – before you answer that, ask yourself what other people would say if asked that same question about you! Char gives us some powerful questions to inspire introspection in her post Your values determine your legacy.
3) Life Learning Today – I am about as "anti-job" as a person could get, but I know that a lot of other people still enjoy a rewarding career working for others, and I wish them nothing but the best. On that note, if you want to get a job, I found the post 3 Tips to Landing the Job You Want to include some valuable information for doing just that.
4) The Dragon Slayer's Guide to Life – In a post that delivers a slap to the face in less time than it will take you to click the link and get there, Laura shows a great way to ask Are You Who You Say You Are?
5) Liz Strauss – In another short post, Liz does a wonderful job of defining goodbyes and new beginnings that might might you sad, or it might make you happy. Personally, I chose happy: Good-byes and New Beginnings
6) The Rule of 5 – Takuin Minamoto shares some timeless wisdom from Jack Canfield, whose system of grading yourself can help you to realize if you are putting forth enough effort towards any given goal in your life. Check out The Most Valuable Question You May Ever Ask.
7) Success from the Nest – Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting. Everyone is waiting for success to show up in their life. Keep waiting. In fact, pack a lunch. Or, get your butt in gear by reading Tony's post Are You Waiting for Success or Planning for Success?
8) Evolving Times – In his post Tracking As A Powerful Personal Development Tool, Edward Mills shares a great analogy about personal development. I agree with his wisdom and recommend that you actually get out in nature and do it! You might be surprised at how close we can actually get to the energy of Mother Earth.
9) Change Your Thoughts – 3 simple steps – 60 seconds of your time – change your life: How to change your life in 60 seconds. Powerful stuff from Steven Aitchison worth giving more than 60 seconds of thought to.
10) Brian Kim – As with so many of his posts, Brian doesn't just put forth some grandiose idea and then tell you to have it. Rather, he puts together a full-scale plan of attack to get to your goal, and that is definitely the case with his post How to Get Out of a Job You Hate.
Simply Successful Secrets Roundup
I am filled with such a sense of gratitude towards all of the people whose wisdom was shared in the recent Simply Successful Secrets Roundup post.
Well, that gratitude keeps coming back to me in waves as several of those people not only linked to the roundup post for the benefit of their readership, but many of them also linked to all of the Simply Successful Secrets participants!
In "link love" terminology, what that means is that I promised all of the participants a link from one website – Today is that Day. However, as participants are handing out Successful Secrets link love like it's candy, everyone is benefiting as a result! I truly can't tell you all how much I appreciate your efforts to not only spread the Success Secrets, but to help out the other participants as well.
Seriously – thank you from the bottom of my heart. Here's some more link love right back atcha:
Keeping the Secret ~ Thoughts & Philosophies ~ Behind the Glasses ~ Live the Power ~ Grow Your Writing Business ~ Productivity Goal ~ Home Biz Notes ~ Creating a Better Life ~ Quasi Fictional ~ Coaching Wizardry ~ A Teacher's Life ~ The Rule of 5 ~ Life Beside the Edge ~ Shards of Consciousness ~ Change Therapy ~ Marketing Moment ~ <a href="https://blog.scottjelias.net/2007/05/simply_s
uccessf.html”>Do I Dare Disturb the Universe? ~ Living Out Loud ~ Kathy Calculates ~ Walks the Edge
Giving college grads a fighting chance –
Insights from the other Side
As this week continues to give me plenty of reasons to be grateful, I want to give an official "hats off" to Mr. Drew McLellan. Drew is a real stand up guy, and I read and listen to his marketing advice on an almost daily basis.
In true Giving Back style, about 6 weeks ago Drew put out the call for his readers to put forth some career advice for recent college graduates, and the blogosphere responded in a big way.
With almost 50 professionals putting forth a massive amount of real-world knowledge about the workplace, this generation of college grads is probably better armed for success than any generation that has gone before them!
I was one of those almost 50 people, and a major slice of gratitude to Drew for including my piece of advice in the free eBook that he put together on the subject.
I am happy to be rubbing noses with the likes of Seth Godin, Chris Cree, Liz Strauss, Terry Starbucker, Andy Wibbels, and more than 40 others who added their wisdom to the book.
Suitable not just for college grads, but for anyone who wants to have an edge in the workplace, you can download a copy of the Ebook at the link below, and don't be afraid to share the link with the other people in your circle of influence:
Link Love from Other Great Blogs
Jacklyn at Empowering and Inspiring Lives is the second great blogger to share the entire text of my post How to Live out Loud with her readership.
Those two wonderful gals over at Breathing Prosperity have put together a great post about personal development that was partially inspired by the Today is that Day Doing it Differently blog carnival.
Blog Carnivals that have recently included posts from Today is that Day:
The Living by Design Carnival published the post The Integrity Conundrum – One simple Method for Botching Personal Development.
How Focus puts You in the Driver’s Seat with the Law of Attraction was included in the latest edition of Bryan C. Fleming's Personal Growth Blog Carnival.
Edition #9 of the Towards Better Life Carnival included the increasingly popular post Self Improvement Task: Affirmations that really Work.
At the Reach for Magnificence Blog Carnival, the post 5 Simple Methods for Banishing Negative people from your Life was listed with several other high quality entries.
The post The Law of Attraction and the Purple Polka-dotted Peanut got some great exposure when 3 separate blog carnivals all included it during the same week. See it and dozens of other great posts at the Made to be Great Personal Development Carnival, the Success and Abundance Mindset Carnival, and the 6th edition of the Carnival of Deliberate Creation.
And finally, I wrote the post How to Live out Loud after a very special weekend for myself, my wife, and some of our closest friends, and it must have showed, because everyone likes that post! It was also listed at 3 separate blog carnivals, including the Carnival on Observations on Life, the Personal Development Carnival at Balanced Life Center, and the Carnival of Positive Thinking.
Major gratitude to all of this week's authors and readers, another shout out to Drew McLellan for his future-changing effort on behalf of the college grads, and nothing but love for everyone who has been a part of the Simply Successful Secrets project!