There is an old saying that “no man is an island,” and I have found over the years that rarely can a man or woman accomplish anything of note without some help from other people.
Those other people may be friends, family members, teachers, spouses, business partners, customers, employees, etc., but at some point, others always need to enter into the mix.
As I am coming up on my birthday on the 14th, I was giving some serious thought to how I wanted to celebrate the day. I’m always up for a good party, and this year will probably be no exception. However, this year I’ve also started to give some serious thought to how I can give back on my birthday.
I played around with ideas like going downtown to feed the homeless, selling all of my products for half price, or maybe just spending the entire day Stumbling or Digging other people’s blog posts in order to help them get free traffic to their websites.
Well, all of those ideas had merit, but at the same time, they were all temporary, and I was looking for something with a bit more of a long-term benefit. It occurred to me that here at the beginning of the New Year, many people are giving thought to the upcoming 12 months, and putting plans in place to make 2008 what others are already calling 200-GREAT!
Now that idea appealed to me – doing something that would help other people to have a successful YEAR, rather than just one day of benefits from my birthday efforts. As I often coach other people to do, I re-framed it into a question:
How can I help people during the entire year of 2008?
The immediate answer that came to mind was to do whatever it was that each individual person could benefit the most from over the long-term. Since there are people from all walks of life hanging around the hallowed halls here at Today is that Day, I had to find a way to break it down into something more easily digested than “help everyone to do everything”.
Thus, I give you this, my official offer to step into your corner and do whatever I can to make 2008 the best year that you have ever had!
Self Improvement Seekers and Personal Growth Junkies
I can’t give away my products for free (mouths to feed and all that), but I can make my products as affordable and as effective as possible.
- Affordable – My products range in price from $12 to $37 each, but 3 out of 4 of them are part of the membership over at Personal Development Partners, and that only costs 20 bucks for a 6-month membership.
- Effective – Reading an eBook will get you nowhere if you don’t do what the book tells you to do. From this point forward, I am offering unlimited one-on-one coaching to any PDP member who wants detailed instructions on how to get the most out of of Mental Meltdown, How to Invoke the Law of Attraction, or The Definitive Weight Loss Guide to Body Weight Exercises.
Whether your goals are to become rich and famous, find the soul mate of your dreams, or to lose a bunch of weight, I’ll be the coach in your corner. If you don’t see the value in that, I invite you right now to go check out the hourly rates of life coaches, and then compare that to $20.
I’ll be right here when you get back. 🙂
If you have a business and/or a website, chances are that you want your business to be successful, and you want to get visitors to your website. Well, I’m a business owner and a website owner myself, and I know that I want success, so here’s a novel idea:
Let’s help each other out!
It’s no-brainer stuff, really, but it is also true that small business owners and website owners often get so caught up in what they are doing that they don’t give enough effort to helping others for the mutual benefit of both parties.
There are plenty of ways that people can help each other out, and I am actively seeking partners for all of the following activities during 2008:
- Joint Ventures – What can we work together on? Newsletters, teleconferences, eBooks & information products, audio/video productions, sharing of materials and resources, and whatever else we can come up with.
- Social Networking – If you’ve got a website and you aren’t actively using Stumbleupon, Digg, and similar sites to get quality content in front of a larger audience, believe me when I say that you are missing the boat! We can each help each other out, and it doesn’t cost a dime.
- Sharing Skills – What can you do? I can do plenty of cool stuff! I can make decent web graphics, I know the basics of HTML and CSS web design, I’m fairly proficient with WordPress and the blogosphere overall, I know about affiliate marketing and advertising techniques, I can speak about self improvement even more effectively than I write about it, and, despite being “retired” from the practice, I’m still proficient in the health and fitness arts. If you can do “x” and I can do “y” and there is a need for x and y to be put together, let’s do that!
In short, I want what I want, and in order to get it, I’m willing to help you get what YOU want. Whether you are just looking for ways to improve your life, or if you want to practice the power of the mastermind on business/website ventures, I am officially open for business.
How can I help YOU? Email me or drop a comment below!