Welcome to the 5th edition of the Doing it Differently Blog Carnival!
This carnival is dedicated to the concept of stepping outside of the box and living our lives in ways beyond the "norm"!
Whether you want to learn unique ways to think or act differently, or if you want to share your own unique ideas, this carnival is for you!
There will be a new edition of the carnival posted every two weeks, on the 1st and the 15th of every month. You can click here to learn more, or click here to submit a post for the next edition, which will be posted on July 1, 2007.
This edition features everything from science, to magic, to mind over matter, to magical mind over matter science with the IRS! Enjoy!
1) JoLynn Braley at The Fit Shack invites people to hop off the diet and exercise bandwagon long enough to realize that weight loss is a mental state of mind long before it manifests into reality. Be sure to check out her post Release Self-Doubt and Gain Motivation – Part Two.
2) Over at The Power of Choice, Amit Sodha brings us a story of self discovery that started at – of all places – a strip club. Check out his journey in the post The Lap Dancer who changed my life.
3) At the Losing Weight Zone the post Changing Minds, Gaining Weight: Why Do People Diet-Hop? asks people to consider the fact that dieting alone is not the answer to weight loss. It's a shame that in today's society that fact needs to be pointed out, but amazingly, it still does!
4) The Junky's Wife brings us a story of how to score a free meal that would probably work at just about any fast food restaurant. The Great Bojangles Caper may not be exactly ethical, but it was obviously effective, and her delivery is worth a smile or two as well.
5) Over at Atlantic Canada's Small Business Blog the term "B-2-B " takes on new meaning that includes business growth AND child growth in the post Similarities – B-2-B.
6) At ChrisWondra.com we are given some great info on how to save money on our taxes, although the solutions listed in the post How we keep the IRS away from my paycheck (and save thousands every year) are methods that you might not otherwise have thought of!
7) At Dream, Think, and Act, Edith Yeung brings us a great list of life lessons that may seem like common sense at first, until you realize that most people aren't doing them! Great stuff to be learned in her post When you turn 30…
8) John Hill over at Universe of Success has a great way to get some answers in life. His method includes something that most people don't do – remove their conscious mind from the equation! Check out his post Do You Believe In Magic? for the details.
9) At Living the Scientific Life the post Why Don't All Smart People Make Smart Choices? examines the question of whether intelligence is the key deciding factor in making choices that would be considered by most people to be smart. Some definite out of the box ideas to ponder.
10) At FitBuff.com we are given a lesson in "mind over matter" with the post How I Lifted 50 Pounds with My Mind. For the open-minded, the post is truly…uh…enlightening? 🙂
That's it for the 5th edition of the Doing it Differently Blog Carnival!
Thanks as always to each of our contributing authors, as well as our interested readers!
The next edition will be posted on July 1st, and the closing of this edition is also the official call for submissions for the next one! Get the inside scoop on what this carnival is all about and access the submission form as well by clicking right here.