Juicing is the one thing you can start doing today that literally changes your life from the inside out. Why? Because you are eating something LIVE and absorbing its life-force energy. Juicing changes your life on the most basic, cellular level.
We all know we should eat more fruits and vegetables. But most people have neither the time nor the desire to eat plates and plates of fruits and vegetables everyday!
Juicing is a simple way to get all the benefits from a variety of fruits and vegetables in one small, delicious glass.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFdyBG9TiYc[/youtube]
What Is Juicing?
Juicing is extracting the good stuff – the vitamins, minerals, nutrients and water – from plants using a juicing machine.
The benefits of juicing are almost too numerous to list. Below are just some great reasons to juice:
- Juicing at home is relatively cost-effective. Instead of paying over $4 for a small bottle of juice at a health food store, once you have purchased your juicer, you can juice your own healthful blends for just pennies a serving.
- Juicing is an excellent way to get the recommended daily servings of fruits and vegetables. The USDA currently recommends five cups of fruits and vegetables daily for a 2200 calorie diet (the average man’s diet), and four cups daily for a 1800 calorie diet (the average woman’s diet.)
- Juicing enables you to obtain the vitamins, minerals and nutrients required for optimal health, vitality and functioning. Fruits and vegetables have long been known to prevent and cure certain diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, allergies and certain mood disorders.
- Eating freshly juiced raw fruits and vegetables allows you to digest and absorb a greater amount of beneficial nutrients. The juicing process breaks down cell walls for faster digestion, and nutrients are not destroyed by heat or other processing.
- Anti-oxidants contained in fruits and vegetables have an anti-aging effect for younger looking skin, hair and nails.
- Eating a greater proportion of fruits and vegetables every day helps you lose those love handles and maintain a healthy weight.
- Juicing is a fun and creative way to do something good for yourself and your family. You can go even greener by planting a garden and picking your favorite fresh and organic fruits and vegetables everyday!
Open Your Own Juice Bar Today
Literally hundreds of different fruit and vegetable juices are possible. In practice, the number and type of juice combinations are only limited by your own preferences. The one rule of thumb: only blend fruits with fruits and vegetables with vegetables. The exception to the rule is that you can blend apples with vegetables. Apples are sweet and taste great with vegetables. (Pushing an apple through the juicer also helps to push through a softer fruit or vegetable that may not have completely cleared the machine.) You do want to thoroughly wash your hands and all fruits and vegetables prior to juicing. Remove any stems, pits and seeds. Orange rinds are nasty tasting, so remove those, too. Cut larger fruits and vegetables into chunks that your juicer can easily accomodate.
A delicious tasting, simple base recipe is to juice one medium apple with two medium carrots. You can experiment with just about any fruit or vegetable you like. Green vegetables like kale and spinach can be bitter, so add those sparingly at first until you have acquired the taste. Parsley, garlic and ginger are more exotic flavors you can add when you’re feeling a little more daring. Keep watching our videos for some of our favorite juicing recipes.
Try this experiment: try juicing by drinking one glass of fresh juice a day for 30 days, and see how much better you feel!
Important Note: you should consult with your doctor before embarking on your juicing journey.